Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
Microsoft server is basically a server operating system which became available on October 2016. The Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 2016 has various new features such as:
- Windows defender: An anti-malware can be installed and enabled without using GUI.
- Active Directory Federation services: Active Directory Federation Services can be configure to the system
- Remote Desktop Services: This for improve the performance and stability of the system.
- Storage Services: Storage services have storage replica option which replicates files instead of blocks. It also can replicates snapshots and direction can also be changed using it.
- Failover Clustering: This feature is for rolling upgrade and storage replica.
- Web Application Proxy: This feature is for pre-authentication of the HTTP application.
Along with all this there are various other feathers such as new networking features which involve: supporting generic routing encapsulation, more network interface, IP address management. To summarize, Microsoft server will enhance the performance and security of the system.
• Provides the user with an unlimited amount of virtual machines with each licenses coming with a Hyper-V host.
• Can function as a network controller; meaning, it can allow network controllers to communicate with other services, devices, and other components on the same network.
• Provides support for shielded Virtual machines.
• Supports remote desktop services, which improves the performance and stability of the system.
• The Storage Services have storage replica option that replicates files instead of blocks.
• Has a better performance and scalability compared to other versions due to improved memory support.
• Improved security with features such as Windows Defender, AppLocker, and Just-In-Time administration among others
• Uses Software-Defined Networking (SDN). The technology architecture used in SDN provides reduced infrastructure needs, better resource utilization, and on-demand application delivery to users.
• Also include other features like; Nano Server installation option, cluster OS Rolling upgrade, VM load Balancing, and RDS RemoteFX vGPU.
• Supports Windows PowerShell Desired state configuration and Hyper-V container.
Ground: 1-2 days processing time. 4 – 10 Business days for delivery